RECIPE OF THE MONTH – Taro Soup
This month we are sharing one of our own recipes, adapted from recipes that we found online.
Soup is one of my favorite dishes, one of the best comfort food dishes I can think of. We have served Taro Soup a couple times and every time our guests rave about it!
Due to the texture of the taro, the soup will come out like a cream soup without actually putting any cream or dairy product – so this recipe is perfect for vegans too.
As this month’s theme is LOVE, we hope that you get to share this easy-to-make soup recipe with your loved ones, particularly if you live in a country with cold winters.
If you’re not sure what Taro is, please visit the Wisegeek website here for more information.
TARO SOUP Recipe
Image source: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-taro.htm
Serves : 4
Taro 1 ea.
Onion 1 ea.
Olive Oil 2 Tablespoon
Water 200 ml.
Mushroom soy sauce 1 Tablespoon
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Peel and dice the taro and onion.
- Stir fry the taro and onion with olive oil and add the mushroom soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water and then boil until the taro is cooked and soft.
- Blend everything in a blender.
- Garnish with pepper and coriander.
Want to learn more about vegetarian food being served at Museflower Retreat & Spa, visit our official website here.