GUEST BLOG BY LUCAS
What if I told you, you could get more than double what you invest?
Haha* Now I caught your attention, let me share with you how, but first, let’s play a game with your imagination:
Happy birthday, you say handing over a present. There’s no please or thank you, and to make matters worse, it’s not reciprocated when your birthday comes round. Way to pull the short-end of the straw. That’s not fair! How do you feel? It is like that. Not to you, but to mother earth.
She just wants you to be healthy, happy and grow. When was the last time someone really took care of her? All of a sudden, someone rushes around the corner and kicks her in the shin. Ouch* She stumbles to get back on her feet and the violator gasps not knowing what’s going to happen next. She stands tall, turns, and then smiles continuing to give.
As we cometh from the earth, we must returneth to the earth. One day we will too be part of the circle of life (Lion King soundtrack plays in the background). Though our time is momentary, we can stretch it out longer and get more out of it, if we want to.
If you love the earth, this is for you. If you don’t like the earth, but love getting free stuff, this is also for you.
The truth is, that everything put into helping the world, will fruition for you. It’s a 100% guarantee on investment, and you’ll be healthier for it. You’ll feel, look and be amazing. Good water, food and air.
How do we get such rewards?
- Eat local food. It travels less distance, so it’s fresher. Once it’s picked from the tree it starts to decay. If you want your body to feel amazing, you better eat amazing. Eating local grown produce means it’s more adapted to your body’s digestive environment from the surrounding environment. This also saves mama earth, by cutting fossil fuel from transport. By choosing to act on our behalf, we get healthier from not eating exotic decaying food, and give a helping hand.
- Take care of water resources. So you can drink clean living water. If it’s that clean, you can not only star in your own shower commercial, but drink the water too.
- Plant seeds so you can eat it’s fruit, breath it’s air, and make your property value increase. It’s a win, win, win.
- Use only what you need and fully. You’ll get the most bang for your buck.
- This allows more resources to be put into advancing technology, so there can be more cool things created just for you.
It’s not like I’m asking you to hug a tree, though you would probably get benefits from that that too. Hey koala’s do it.
We live in a world where our resources are dwindling, but we it’s not to late to make a difference. There’s currently no place outside our planet that we could go to, so we better start with home.
When mum tells us to clean up, we better clean up. Sweeping it under the rug, or flushing it out into the ocean doesn’t count. Out in the middle of the ocean, there are consequent manmade islands. They are no holiday destination though. They’re rubbish islands made from us flushing waste into the ocean. They don’t go away.
We need to create an environment that is sustainable. We know our lifestyle depends on oil, yet our lives depend on taking care of the world, so we better do something about it.
For the past 4.54 billion years, the earth worked efficiently by exchanging every part of its whole. This means by using one species’ waste as another’s fuel.
If we want to stay alive, we better take care of ourselves, we’re part of the greater whole. All other species strive for existence, but we are the only specie that’s putting ourselves on the endangered list. Shin kick* If you value your life and don’t want to be extinct, I highly suggest you do what Captain Planet says, and “ Go planet!”
Take care of the earth, and the earth will take care of you. Mama earth is always smiling and ready to take care of you, so it’s about time we give something back.
Citation for photo MLA format: Plant a seed. 2011. Private collection. Web. 8 Mar. 2015. <https://wordfromthewell.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/plant-a-seed.jpg>.
Lucas Mok, writer and blogger, is lively, positive, and has inspirational sunshine beaming out of him.
He is a Sports Performance Coach turned Patient, turned Life Coach, that wants to make the world a better place.
B.S. in Applied Exercise Science, A.S. in Sports Fitness and Health, Ignite360 Trainer, Complete Core Conditioning C³, Teachers Toolbox, Combine360 Trainer , NLP Coach, NLP Practitioner, Hypnosis Practitioner, Time Line Therapy™ Practitioner
Want to learn more about Lucas? Check out his website: www.leveluphealth.wordpress.com